Gap Year Fund awards two high-school graduates in Kazakhstan with one-time $500 scholarships, every quarter. The scholarship is called GYF₸.
GYF₸ exists to:
• Provide equity to overcome systemic or social limitations of fresh high-school graduates ("equal" symbol in the logo)
• Empower with freedom of unforced decision by filling the money gap ("hammer" symbol in the logo)
Use this chart to check if you qualify.
Apply using this form:
• Submit the proof of compliance with the requirements above (high-school diploma or proof of enrollment and a grades certificate).
• Submit a two-page PowerPoint presentation where you introduce and exhibit yourself in any way you want in language of your choice.
• If pre-selected, you will be invited to a 30-minute interview to discuss your ambitions and vision of the future.
• The cutoff date for applications is on the 15th of September, December, March, and June. For example, if you want to be considered in the September award, you have to apply before September 15th. Any application submitted after September 15th will be reviewed in the next quarter, i.e. in December, and so on.
• Selection and award: 15th–30th of September, December, March, and June.
|September 2022||• Zhanerke Z.
• Naziya Zh.
|December 2022||• Roza B.
• Dina O.
|March 2023||• Adelina L.
• Damilya A.
In loving memory of Pulatbek and Geva, Sarsen and Nurlaiym.